birthday cakes

Heart shaped cakes and flags

16:35

The other day Vanilla Pod was commissed to make a bespoke cake in the shape of a heart with two different flags joining each other in the middle - a union of two cultures/countries. As I love a challenge I relished the opportunity and couldn't wait to start baking and creating.

I baked a lemon heart shaped sponge and covered it with red sugarpaste and then got to work on the flags. At first I thought about painting the flags into the cake. However I love to fashion objects out of sugarpaste, so decided to go ahead with that method. I created a Zimbabwean flag and an Australian flag then placed them onto the heart. I have to say I was pleased with the results and the client was over the moon.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE






Like us on Facebook